Caroline Trotter is a registered physiotherapist, who graduated from Auckland University in 1990. She has more than 21 years’ experience working in both the public sector (hospitals) and private practice, working in New Zealand, Germany, the United Kingdom and now Australia.
Welcome to Positive Integrated Physiotherapy
About Caroline Trotter
Caroline’s Work in the Public Sector
Her work in public sector has been diverse, specialising predominantly in orthopaedic, including:
- Treating sports and spinal injuries
- Working within multidisciplinary teams in pain management clinics treating multi-traumas (road traffic accidents)
- Neurology rehabilitation (stroke, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis)
- Developing progressive rehab programmes following joint replacements/reconstructions/spinal surgery
- Obstetric care (pre and postnatal)
- Cardiac rehabilitation following cardiothoracic surgery
Work in Private Practice
- Artistic Sports
- Corporate Health
Caroline’s Postgraduate Education
Caroline’s continued professional development has been integral to her as a constantly evolving practitioner. She integrates eastern and western therapies – the western science has provided her with a sound anatomical basis to build upon, the eastern therapies and movement practices have opened up her knowledge to the body as a whole unit.
- Structural – she has studied extensively in orthopaedic, structural and spinal manipulation techniques, osteopathic muscle energy techniques and myofascial mobilisation, McKenzie method, Sharman muscle imbalance, neural tension mobilisation (Butler)
- Acupuncture – Diploma of Acupuncture (Renshu College of Chinese Medicine, London) covering five elements, eight principles, cupping, moxibustion, dry needling (London School of Homeopathy). Caroline uses acupuncture as an adjunct to her physiotherapy treatments
- Dance/movement practices – Postgraduate Diploma in Dance Studies (Laban School of Dance, London)
- Pilates – having worked with dance companies for nearly a decade, her training and knowledge in this field is diverse, working with its application to dance and clinical pilates. She has trained with Alan Herdman (London), Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute, Dance Medicine Australia and Laban School of Contemporary Dance
- Craniosacral therapy – Level 1 and 2 (Upledger Institute)
- Yoga – Diploma of Teaching (Sivananda School of Yoga), Diploma of Hatha Yoga and Philosophy (Dharma Yoga), Prana Flow (Shiva Rea)
For more information about the best services for your needs or to organise an appointment - just give us a call!