Acupuncture and Remedial Massage on Brisbane Southside
Servicing areaRuncorn, Sunnybank, Mt Gravatt, Browns Plains, Park Ridge, Calamvale
Temporarily closed until further notice
I practice Acupuncture and Remedial massage with maximum hygiene possible. All infection control training for COVID-19 has been completed.
Acupuncture, Remedial Massage, holistic health care from an experienced therapist
Tomoko is a registered qualified acupuncturist (nationally accredited by CMBA) and remedial massage therapist(registered with ANTA). She combines these with a range of other practices to provide holistic treatment to suit your needs, integrating Eastern philosophy and Western methodology.
Your wellbeing is best maintained through a balance of physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health. Tomoko’s treatments help to address all of these dimensions of your being, with results that are both therapeutic and relaxing.
Monday - Friday 10:00 - 6:00
Initial appointment: 1hr - 1hr 30min: $100 - $150
Acupuncture and Remedial Massage
Tomoko uses a combination of treatments based on what your body needs.
- Muscular tightness relief; neck, shoulder, back pain, etc.
- Post injury and operation recovery treatment.
- Enhance the body function including blood and lymphatic circulation, nervous system, and reduce pain.
- Relief of acute or chronic muscular tightness and prevention of scar tissue formation caused by sports Injuries.
- Treatment of injuries of shoulder, neck, back, knee etc to maximise functional
Pain is associated with the stagnation of Qi(energy) and blood in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Acupuncture can release the stagnation of Qi and blood and reduce pain.
Balance the body physically, mentally, and emotionally
Acupuncture enhances the Qi, blood and lymphatic circulation and treat various diseases.
Acupuncture: MERIDIAN METHOD
This Japanese MeridIan Acupuncture technique, based on classical Chinese Medicine, is very gentle yet very effective to correct energy flow in the meridian by very gentle needling technique and Moxa.
It is very suitable for everyone, especially the person who doesn’t like strong needle.
WHAT TYPE OF HEALTH CONDITIONS CAN BE TREATED?
A wide variety of health conditions can be treated (the following list is by no means complete) including: anxiety and stress, arthritis, asthma, back pain, circulatory problems, depression, digestive disorders, dizziness, ear nose and throat problems, facial paralysis, fatigue and low energy, gynaecological problems, headaches, high blood pressure, immune related problems, infertility, irritable bowel, menstrual irregularities, menopausal conditions, migraines, musculo-skeletal problems, painful conditions, palpitations, pregnancy related conditions, respiratory problems, sciatica, sports injuries, urinary problems, and many more.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING A TREATMENT
Diagnosis includes asking questions about the presenting condition as well as health history, the palpation of the meridians and abdomen, and the taking of the wrist pulse. Once the practitioner has confirmed their diagnosis, gentle needling techniques will be applied. Other methods may also be applied, such as moxibustion, cupping and the use of non-insertive tools. You may feel a tingling sensation, feelings of warmth or movement throughout the body during a treatment. There are no heavy sensations felt by patients who receive other forms of needle therapy. It is therefore very comfortable, relaxing and pleasant.
- Very therapeutic and relaxing treatment of problems of lower legs such as swollen legs, Achilles pain, Planter fasciitis, etc.
- Very effective for prevention of gangrene by diabetes.
- Specialising in Reflexology with combination of Western and Japanese (Kansokuho using Reflexology tools) methods.
Lymphatic Massage (Manual Lymph Drainage)
- Relieve stagnation of the lymphatic circulation and increase the flow of lymph.
- Enhance the detoxification.
- Very effective for swollen legs, hands, body, and fluid retention.
- No oil used
- Hands-on method of improving health and function by light touch.
- Gently work with the spine, skull, cranial sutures, diaphragms, and fascia.
- The restrictions of nerve passages are eased and restored to their proper position and function.
- Treat mental stress, neck and back pain, and for chronic pain conditions.
- Dry treatment. (patient fully clothed)
- Balances the body functions in structural, chemical, and Emotional dimensions by muscle.
- Increases energy levels and reduces stress and pain
- Dry treatment. (patient fully clothed)
Massage and Reflexology during pregnancy
Massage releases tension from contracted and overworked muscles and relaxes joints such as the hips and pelvis. Reflexology is greatly beneficial for swollen legs and ankles, as well as aching feet. Massage and reflexology enhance blood and lymphatic circulation, relaxing both body and mind.
Gentle and deep Japanese acupuncture: Initial Appointment: 1hr-1h30min: $100 - $150
Muscular pain and tension
- Advanced Diploma In Acupuncture
- Advanced Diploma In Naturopathy
- ANTA - Australian Natural Therapists Association
- Toyohari Australasia
- Chinese Medicine Board of Australia