This qualification covers the skills needed to work as an Ayurvedic Practitioner and offer remedial treatments including Ayurvedic Herbal Medicine, Ayurvedic Massage and Ayurvedic Nutrition advice.
Advanced Diploma in Ayurveda
Study the Advanced Diploma (HLT62615)
This Advanced Diploma qualification (HLT62615) provides the specific knowledge and skills required to work as an Ayurvedic Practitioner in Australia. Upon completion, you can offer Ayurvedic health diagnosis and remedial treatments ranging from Ayurvedic Herbal Medicines, Ayurvedic Bodywork, Ayurvedic Nutrition, Ayurvedic Counselling, Ayurvedic Detoxification and Ayurvedic Emotional Healing Programs. Common Unit competencies studied in the course provide additional skills and knowledge required to operate and maintain a business successfully and comply with National Guidelines pertaining to Workplace Health and Safety, Access and Equity, Managing the spread of Infection etc.
We will advise those who are interested in CRICOS courses when an intake is scheduled
Advanced Diploma applicants do not need to have completed any other qualifications to be eligible for enrolment. Students with experience or qualifications / attainments in other Ayurvedic study courses or health modalities may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Transfer of Credits (T.o.C) where applicable.
Advanced Diploma (HLT62615) Duration: 36 months (full time) consisting of:
- Multi-format flexible delivery learning material (real-time webinars, online log-in anytime learning material, intensives and practicums) allows learners to engage form across Australia. A.I.A.S is known for the unmatched detail and depth provided in Ayurvedic subjects. Extensive practical training at our Brisbane campus, online webinars (video conferences) both in real-time and recorded formats, means that, students can design their study around work and family life.
- First year: weekly, live, online video conferences practical face-to-face training via 3 x weekend intensives and a 7 x day practicum at the Brisbane campus and weekly online study.
- Second year: weekly live, online video conferences plus 3 x weekend intensives and two 7 x day practicums at the Brisbane campus and weekly online study.
- Third year: weekly live, online video conferences plus 2 x weekend intensives and one x 7 day advanced practicum training at the Brisbane campus and weekly online study.
Some of the Advanced Diploma (HLT62615) subjects covered:
- Herbology: definition of 50 classic herbal categories according to Charaka and study of over 100 herbal Aushadis and many traditional formulations.
- Pharmacology preparation of Churnas, Vatis, Asavas, Avaleha & Ghrtam and Pakam.
- Pathology study of classical Ayurvedic Pathology & Chikitsa (Treatment).
- Traditional Ayurvedic Psychology & Counselling: understanding of the mind and its treatment.
- Gynaecology & Obstetrics (Prasuti Tantra) - diagnosis & treatment of common women's ailments.
- Paediatrics diagnosis & treatment of common children's diseases.
- Clinical diagnosis advanced pulse & tongue diagnosis and Ayurvedic eye examination.
- Advanced Bodywork - Udwartanam, Navara Kizzi & Kizzali Massage, Synchronised Massage, Advanced Nasya, Nadi Swedana, Bashpa Swedana, Pinda Sweda & Netra Basti.
- Advanced Pathya - meal preparation and Advanced Ayurvedic Cooking.
About Professor Dr.S. Ajit B.A.M.S, P.C.A.S (Senior Lecturer for AIAS)
Dr. S. Ajit, B.A.M.S, P.C.A.S, graduated Ayurvedacharya from the 6 year degree at University of Patiala. He served the Government of India as senior Ayurvedic Medical Doctor for 18 years.
In 1996 Dr. Ajit relocated to Auckland, New Zealand, and since that time has served his students in New Zealand and Australia, and transformed the lives of many patients. He created Australasias best-equipped Ayurvedic Centre (Planet Ayurveda) offering Ayurvedas most profound purification and rejuvenation programme, known as Panchakarma. His dream to bring authentic Ayurveda to the West became a reality with the establishment of The Australasian Institute of Ayurvedic Studies in 1999.
As a testament to his dedication and commitment to Ayurveda, Dr. S Ajit recently won an International Award from India. Additionally, he has received the Hakim Ajmal Khan Global Award for best Ayurvedic Physician 2007, recently been appointed to the steering committee of the International Ayurveda Alliance (established by Government of India department of AYUSH) and appears at National and International Ayurveda Conferences, including World Ayurveda Congress Kolkata December 2016 and London International Ayurveda Conference 2017).
Dr. Ajit is also the creator of the Ayurvedic Clinical Software program known as 'Vaidya', Director of Planet Ayurveda, developer of 'Ayurda' Ayurvedic skin and beauty care range, a Founding Director of Spa Ayurda, and a formulator of many Ayurvedic Herbal products.
Nationally Recognised Training Qualifications: HLT52615 Diploma in Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultation & HLT62615 Advanced Diploma in Ayurveda