Biochemic Therapy (Tissue Salts Therapy)
What Is Biochemic Therapy or Tissue Salts Therapy?
Biochemic tissue salts therapy was devised by medical doctor and homeopath Wilhelm Schuessler in the 1870s. He believed that tissue salts could help restore mineral deficiencies in the body that made a person susceptible to illnesses. This type of therapy ensures that the body has the right combination of essential mineral salts so that it can contribute to its optimal functioning.
How Does Biochemic Therapy Work?
Biochemic tissue salts are prepared via the homeopathic method, which involves mixing one part mineral salt with nine parts lactose. This mixture is diluted with nine parts lactose. In total, there are 12 tissue salts available.
Biochemic tissue salts may be prescribed as part of a complete health program or for self-care. The tissue salts are small tablets that are placed under the tongue where they are left to be dissolved by the saliva.
What Is Schuessler Tissue Salts?
Schuessler Tissue Salts are natural remedies that are used to help in rebalancing the salts which are naturally found in the body. Using a combination of 12 inorganic salts can help in treating diseases and improving physical performance. Here's a list of the 12 mineral salts and what they do to maintain balance in the body:
- Calcium Fluoride restores elasticity in the tissues, organs, ligaments and tendons
- Calcium Phosphate treats calcium deficiencies
- Phosphate of Iron reduces inflammation and oxygenates blood
- Potassium Chloride relieves congestion and treats respiratory problems
- Potassium Phosphate supports the functions of the brain and nervous system
- Potassium Sulphate promotes healthy skin, pancreas and metabolism
- Magnesium Phosphate relieves muscle spasms and nerve pain
- Sodium Chloride balances amount of water to prevent dehydration
- Sodium Phosphate neutralises acidity
- Sodium Sulphate eliminates excess water and bile to prevent diarrhoea
- Silica Oxide supports bone structure and conditions skin
- Calcium Sulphate speeds up healing of wounds and skin conditions
These remedies are individually created using various homeopathic techniques in order to treat the specific issue that needs to be addressed. In addition, tissue salts are used to cleanse and detoxify the body, and with regular use they can prevent diseases from occurring and maintain overall wellness.
What Are the Benefits of Biochemic Therapy?
Biochemic therapy provides the body with the nutrients it needs at a cellular level to ward off immune diseases. It's safe, can be easily absorbed by the body, non-toxic and can work on a broad range of health conditions, including :
- Colds, cough and other respiratory problems
- Back pain
- Hay fever and allergies
- Anxiety and depression
- Muscle aches and pains
- Skin conditions
- Menstrual pain
- Liver problems
- Blood conditions like anaemia
- Digestive problems
- Varicose veins
What Can You Expect From Biochemic Therapy?
During a consultation for biochemic therapy, the homeopathic practitioner will ask about your health condition, eating habits, lifestyle and even stressors, as all these contribute to nutrient deficiencies and a slew of diseases.
Once the practitioner has identified the tissue salts your body is missing, they can start preparing it for you. The tissue salts are prepared in tablet form. Each tablet contains a miniscule amount of the required tissue salt, but they will go a long way in improving your overall health. It's important to note that the tablets are not made to be swallowed but melted under the tongue.
Is Biochemic Therapy Safe?
Biochemic therapy is completely safe for everyone to use. It's non-toxic, noninvasive and poses no side effects. In fact, even infants and pregnant women can use it provided that they are attended to by a qualified biochemic therapist.