What is Vastu Shastra?
Vastu Shastra is the science of planning the layout of a building or house for the purpose of channeling positive energy, peace and productivity into the lives of its occupants. Vastu Shastra was first used in the construction of Hindu temples then it was adopted for modern houses and and commercial establishments.
How Does It Work?
The five elements that comprise the universe and the eight directions in Vastu Shastra should coordinate in one’s residence or work space in order to inspire happiness, peace and prosperity. Otherwise, conflicting elements may lead to unfavourable circumstances.
Simply put, like elements should work together. A person with a fire sign shouldn’t put their bedroom in an area for water, for they are likely to fall ill. It would also be unwise to put a door facing a direction that invites negative energy; better build a sturdy wall instead.
What Are the Five Elements of Nature?
Our universe is governed by five elements—earth, fire, water, air and space—which the human body also possesses. It is crucial for these elements to coexist to ensure a healthy body, mind and spirit.
What Are the Eight Directions in Vastu Shastra?
The directions in vastu can affect your health, relationships, career, financial standing, and many other aspects of your life either in a positive or negative way. This is the reason why it is crucial to understand the meaning of each direction before having a house or building constructed.
- East - The east represents sunrise or the entry point to new opportunities.
- South East - This is where Agni, the lord of fire, resides.
- West - Lord Varun, the lord of rains, govern this direction where the sun sets.
- North - The north represents wealth and is ideal for individuals who are either engaged in a business or considering investing into one.
- South West - This direction signifies death, character and disagreement.
- North East - This is the direction of prayer and wisdom.
- South - Governed by Yama, the lord of death, this area of the house can bring confusion at times.
- North West - Vayu, the lord of wind, resides in this area which handles relationships and creativity.
What Are the Benefits of Vastu Shastra?
People who reside in a house or building that was built on the principles of Vastu Shastra enjoy healthier and more peaceful and productive lives. Applying this system offers numerous benefits including the following:
- Improves health
- Promotes peace
- Increases financial gain
- Creates a stress-free environment
- Promotes general wellbeing
- Improves efficiency
- Improves sleep quality
- Fosters healthy relationships
- Inspires optimism
- Enhances creativity
Vastu Shastra is a powerful tool for improving your health, finances, and relationships. It utilises the gifts of nature to balance energy and help you create the life that you aspire for.