What is BodyTalk?
BodyTalk System is a holistic therapy that is based on the belief that living things are capable of healing themselves more effectively than any modern technology. It focuses on the attainment of physical, emotional, and spiritual health for the person by realigning the body and its system of internal communication. This will allow the body to be functional at its optimal best.
BodyTalk System was developed by a chiropractor, acupuncturist, and teacher John Veltheim in the 1990s. He traveled across the world to explore for alternative remedies in both Western and Eastern medicine that will eventually become the foundation for the BodyTalk System.
It is a multifaceted approach to holistic healing and has drawn a number of popular modalities such as kinesiology, tapping, muscle testing, yoga, psychology, Ayurveda, and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Modern lifestyles have put a significant amount of stress on our bodies and internal systems that led them to become compromised.
How does BodyTalk work?
BodyTalk System considers physical, emotional, and environmental influences to address the underlying cause of any condition, and use various techniques to activate the brain, restructure the energetic patterns in the body, and promote healing from within.
The practitioner seeks to discover which parts of the body systems are malfunctioning. Then, they make contact to these specific points using their hands to make repairs. Various techniques such as tapping, breathing, and other forms of touch are used to stimulate the brain and employ natural healing procedures. It is believed that the resulting effect is an improvement of the energy balance within the body.
The approach to BodyTalk System is based on the following principles:
- The body is capable of healing itself
- Stress can impact the overall health of the body
- Each bodily system communicates with each other via energetic circuitry
The process of the BodyTalk System can be broken down into these steps:
- The practitioner pays attention to what the body is doing to get information and observe how the various muscles relax and tense. This natural biofeedback loop is then used to identify and prioritize the body’s healing needs. The practitioner will ask a series of questions to the patient to gather information on their experience and start to tailor fit a treatment on their specific needs.
- After the information has been gathered, the practitioner charts and prioritizes several various ways of bringing balance to the body and mind. Techniques like tapping of the head and chest can be used to signal the heart and brain to prepare healing and restructuring
- The final phase attempts to re-link the body and its systems and repair any compromised lines of communication. Tapping helps in focusing these energy circuits, or the various points in the body. It is believed that more efficient and effective healing are resulted when the systems are restored and the energy can freely flow between them.
Health benefits of BodyTalk
BodyTalk System is designed to improve the body and mind as a whole. It is believed that it can treat various physical and mental health issues. When the 36 surface energy points are in balance, people will experience a significant improvement in all areas such as mood, muscle tension, energy level, and overall bodily function.
BodyTalk System is a versatile, non-invasive approach and can be used to address a range of conditions:
- Chronic pain
- Digestive problems
- Emotional issues
- Post Traumatic stress
- Recovery from injury