What Is BodyTalk?
The BodyTalk System is a holistic therapy that is based on the belief that living things are capable of healing themselves more effectively than any modern technology. It focuses on the attainment of physical, emotional, and spiritual health for the person by realigning the body and its system of internal communication. This will allow the body to be functional at its optimal best.
The modality was developed by a chiropractor, acupuncturist, and teacher John Veltheim in the 1990s. He traveled across the world to explore alternative remedies in both Western and Eastern medicine that will eventually become the foundation for the BodyTalk System.
It is a multifaceted approach to holistic healing that draws on a number of popular modalities such as kinesiology, tapping, muscle testing, yoga, psychology, Ayurveda, and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). BodyTalk reconnects the various parts of the mind and body, which modern lifestyles have put a significant amount of stress on and compromised.
How Does BodyTalk Work?
The BodyTalk System considers physical, emotional and environmental influences to address the underlying cause of any condition, and it uses various techniques to activate the brain, restructure the energetic patterns in the body and promote healing from within.
The practitioner seeks to discover which parts of the body systems are malfunctioning. Then, they make contact with these specific points using their hands to make repairs. Various techniques, such as tapping, breathing and other forms of touch, are used to stimulate the brain and prompt the body's natural healing processes. It is believed that the resulting effect is an improvement of the energy balance within the body.
The BodyTalk System is based on the following principles:
- The body is capable of healing itself
- Stress can impact the overall health of the body
- Each organ system communicates with each other via energetic circuitry
The healing process can be broken down into three steps:
- The practitioner pays attention to what the body is doing to get information and observe how the various muscles relax and tense. This natural biofeedback loop is then used to identify and prioritize the body's healing needs. The practitioner will ask the patient a series of questions to gather information on their experience and tailor a treatment plan to their specific needs.
- After the information has been gathered, the practitioner charts and prioritizes different ways of bringing balance back to the body and mind. Techniques like tapping of the head and chest can be used to signal the heart and brain to prepare healing and restructuring.
- The final phase attempts to re-link the body and its systems and repair any compromised lines of communication. Tapping helps in focusing these energy circuits, or the various points in the body. Efficient and effective healing is the result of restoring the different systems and allowing energy to flow freely between them.
What Are the Benefits of BodyTalk?
The BodyTalk System is designed to improve the body and mind as a whole. It can treat various physical and mental health issues. When the 36 surface energy points are in balance, people will experience a significant improvement in their mood, muscle function, energy level and overall bodily function.
The modality is a versatile, non-invasive approach to treating a range of conditions, including the following:
- Chronic pain
- Digestive problems
- Emotional issues
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Nervous system conditions
- Lack of concentration
What Can You Expect From BodyTalk?
A BodyTalk practitioner will equip you with the tools to address your health issue at its root as opposed to receiving short-term symptomatic treatment. The treatment procedure is painless, noninvasive and relaxing. It involves a gentle tapping technique to restore communication between the nervous system and the body.
BodyTalk may be performed on you lying down on a massage table or seated on a chair. Once you've made yourself comfortable, the practitioner will assess your health through muscle testing. As soon as they have detected the problem areas in your internal communication lines, they will start performing a light tapping technique on your head and chest to stimulate your body's natural healing ability.
The treatment session can last for about 45 minutes. After which, the practitioner will rely on your muscle feedback again to determine whether you need a follow-up session or your body is good as new.
Is BodyTalk Safe?
The BodyTalk System is safe for people of all ages. It can address even long-standing illnesses that were caused by events that happened a long time ago and have never been completely resolved. The good news is that this holistic modality doesn't pose any ill effects, thus making it perfect for children, adults and elderly people.