Bachelor of Health Science (Acupuncture Therapies)
Servicing areaAll campus locations
Study Method - Blended
Provider - Endeavour College of Natural Health
Start Date - Feb, Mar, Jun, Aug, Oct
Acupuncture is a branch of Chinese Medicine that stimulates specific points on the body to regulate the flow of Qi (vital energy) to restore health and balance the functions of the body, mind and spirit.
Acupuncture therapies combines Chinese medicine theory (philosophy and principles) with Chinese manual therapy practices including acupuncture, moxibustion, medical Qi Gong, and Chinese remedial massage (Tui Na), supported by Chinese dietary therapy and prepared Chinese herbs.
The Bachelor of Health Science (Acupuncture Therapies) is a 3-year degree qualification that specifically focuses on the practice of acupuncture.
Sydney - 825 George St, Haymarket NSW 2000, Australia
Perth - 170 Wellington St, Perth WA 6004, Australia
Melbourne - 368 Elizabeth St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Gold Coast - 105 Scarborough St, Southport QLD 4215, Australia
Brisbane - 230 Brunswick St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006, Australia
Adelaide - 88 Currie St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Duration and Study Load
Full-time - 3 years
Part-time - 6 years
Endeavour College offers the flexibility to commence a selection of subjects online with an updated digital delivery model. With the support of online tutors and a robust Learning Management System, you can fit study around your work and/or personal commitments.
To support learning, students gain significant clinical experience via clinical/practical classes where they are expected to practise interviewing and case assessment techniques, as well as physical clinical examination and treatment procedures. This is conducted at Endeavour's Teaching Clinics under the supervision of qualified instructors and with respect for privacy, cultural and religious differences.
Students will develop and hone all skills required to run a successful clinic after graduation, including patient assessment and management, patient recruitment and continuity of care, customer service, and dispensary management.
Endeavour College is a direct entry College with no ATAR requirements.
To gain entry to an accredited undergraduate course at Endeavour College, applicants must satisfy the general requirements and other entry requirements by type of background.
General Requirements – All Applicants
All domestic applicants, regardless of background, must meet the following requirements:
- Must be willing to attend an admissions interview upon submission of enrolment paperwork (in person or via teleconference / Teams / Zoom)
- Must be 18 years of age within the first period of study
- Must meet self-declared minimum computer literacy standards and have unrestricted access to the internet and a personal email account
- Must read and understand the Inherent Course Requirements (where relevant) for the course into which they are seeking admission and accept them prior to enrolment in the course
- For Bachelor of Health Science courses which involve clinical practicum subjects, a valid Working with Children Check (or its equivalent) will be normally required to be supplied to the College prior to the second period of study. If the applicant knows any reason why they will not pass a Working with Children Check, they should not apply for entry to these courses.
Additional applicant background entry requirements (including English language and international students) are available through enquiring with the College.
- Select subjects delivered fully online
- Practitioner focused degree
- All clinical/practical subjects are completed on-site at campus location
- All course material is available online
- Dedicated online tutor
- Ability to book one-on-one consultations
- Diploma of Health Science (Chinese Remedial Massage) available for articulation after completion of 1st year of study
- Bachelor of Health Science (Chinese Medicine) available for articulation after completion of 5th Semester of study
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have fully or partially completed a qualification with another provider (either at a Higher Education or Vocational Education and Training level), you may receive advanced standing towards your Bachelor of Health Science (Acupuncture Therapies) degree via our Credit Recognition process.
Graduates are eligible to articulate into the Bachelor of Health Science (Chinese Medicine) with up to 92 credit points of advanced standing, as well as master degree programs in a variety of related areas.
Graduates must apply for registration with the Chinese Medicine Board of Australia (CMBA) if they wish to use professional titles and practise as a Chinese Medicine practitioner in Australia. This course is designed to meet the CMBA accreditation requirements in the division of Acupuncturist.
CMBA registrants may apply for membership with the following associations:
- Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association Ltd (AACMA)
- Australian Traditional Medicine Society (ATMS)
- Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture Society of Australia (CMASA)
- Federation of Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Societies of Australia Ltd (FCMA)
- Practical/clinical skills demonstration
- Tutorial participation
- BIOA111 Introduction to Human Biology
- CMPR111 Chinese Medicine Foundations
- CMTH111 Chinese Manual Therapies 1
- SOCC111 Developing Cultural Competence in Healthcare
The following payment options are available for this course:
- FEE-HELP (Australian citizens, some New Zealand citizens and holders of permanent Humanitarian Visas are eligible to apply)
- Split payment methods
Information on tuition fee schedules are available upon enquiry with the College.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Clinical practitioner
Contact Endeavour College of Natural Health today for further information.
Limited spots remaining. Enquire now to secure your spot. Click the Button Below ▼Send Me Details Now