What is Myotherapy?
This is a type of manual medicine based on musculoskeletal pain treatment and related conditions. We are committed to delivering as quickly as possible outcomes for every client. We take the time to treat the cause or symptoms accurately. The application of soft tissue treatments such as massage, dry needling, muscle strength therapies and cupping, is used for your progress.
Conditions That Myotherapy Can Help With
- Shin splints
- Foot pain including plantar fasciitis
- Muscle tear or ligament sprain
- Shoulder pain including frozen shoulder
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Chronic back pain including sciatica
- Tennis/Golfer elbow
- Chronic overuse syndrome
You should see a Myotherapist if you encounter the following:
- Reduced energy levels or difficulty sleeping
- Muscle weakness or change in balance
- Stiffness or reduced range of movement
- Chronic muscle pain
- Acute muscles, ligaments, tendon injuries
- Pain or discomfort in an area of your body
Expectations with Myotherapy Treatment
Our myotherapist takes your history and analyses your posture, the scope of movements, the application of physical tests and the use of muscle and soft tissue palpation to identify the most vulnerable because of your pain or injury. The problem areas and interventions suggested by our psychologist will be explored to ensure that each phase is relaxed and satisfying.
The most common methods in Myotherapy are:
- Cupping therapy - using suction cups that increase blood flow to a certain region of soft tissue - significantly reduces the pain.
- Myofascial dry needling - dry needling is a type of acupuncture therapy which places fine needles in selected myofascial trigger points for healing and pain treatments.
- Friction - Reduce the adherence between fascial, muscular and related surfaces. Friction also facilitates cure and reduces the perception of pain during tendon diseases.
- Myofascial therapy - improves muscle and fascial system strength and mobility.
- Trigger point therapy - this is known as a trigger point for relieving excessive muscle contraction.
- Deep tissue massage - this breaks adhesion and increases blood flow
Book an appointment and try one of our services today.