What is Emmett therapy?
Emmett Therapy is a bodywork therapy designed by therapist Ross Emmett to provide fast relief from pain and discomfort which leads to an improved healthy life. The Emmett Technique uses a combination of light pressure and gentle switches to release specific muscle groups which will enable the person’s body to return to its balanced state.
How does the Emmett technique work?
The Emmett Therapy is an understanding of the response of the human body to light touch. Also, it suggests that the body reacts in a similar way to the functions of a touch-screen device. The small sensors allow access to the brain through the gentle touch of the qualified therapist. Aside from directly influencing muscle action, these points may also have an emotional and memory attachment.
The treatment for Emmett Therapy is usually performed over light clothing and typically lasts from 30 to 50 minutes. The therapists are trained in assessment skills and how to tailor treatments specifically to the individual needs of the clients. Also, they are trained in assisting the client in recognising and enhancing the changes achieved during the treatment. The results of the treatment are almost instantaneous. Before they leave, they may notice changes in various areas such as flexibility, balance, range of movement, pain levels, breathing, and also other functions which depends on the areas worked on.
Health benefits of Emmett technique
Emmett Therapy is a safe therapy that can be used on people of all ages. Some of the benefits of this therapy include:
- Releasing discomfort from the neck and shoulder
- Reducing headaches and sinus discomfort
- Assisting back and hip discomfort
- Improving restrictions on the knees and ankles
- Easing heel and foot pain
- Offering pregnancy and infant assistance
- Reducing stomach discomfort
- Aiding improve forearm and grip strength
- Improving body symmetry and balance
- Increasing body flexibility
- Increasing lung capacity
- Increasing body stability and balance
In addition, it also suggests that Emmett Therapy can help relieve the following symptoms:
- Lymphatic congestion and breathing
- Abdominal cramps and bowel discomfort
- Dizziness and sinus congestion
- Fluid retention
- Discomfort during pregnancy