Sukham Yoga - Yoga Meditation & Ayurveda
Servicing areaRouse Hill, New South Wales
Our aim at Sukham yoga is to teach the ancient art of yoga in a nurturing and safe environment, where students practice responsively and comfortably, so that the practices fulfill the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of each student.
Yoga has its roots in Indian thought but its content is universal. Going back over 5000 years, yoga is one of the few spiritual traditions that have maintained an unbroken development throughout history.
Yoga is a path by which we can make the changes we desire in our lives. Yoga is an inner experience, an individual transformation, and one cannot realise the true nature of yoga by mere study of yoga texts or intellectualising the science and its practices. The scriptures only show us the right path. As we practice yoga we gain strength and come to know the true meaning of yoga as the great sage Patanjali stated in Yoga Sutra 1.2 “Yogas chitta vritti nirodhah” ( Yoga is the ability to direct the mind exclusively towards an object and sustain that direction without any distractions.) Yoga is the complete control of the operations of the mind. Knowledge of the true Self arises only from such control of the mind. To reach control of the mind one needs to have mastery over the body, senses and prana (life force), as well as the outer aspects of our personal and social life.
Chakra Dhyana (meditation) is a very powerful meditation practice known to the Indian Seers for over 5000 years. This practice involves concentration on the seven chakras (energy centres) in the energy body. Activation of these chakras would open up various doors to our Consciousness, thereby taking one to a very high state of existence.
During the chakra meditation, Bija (seed) mantras (sound that creates transformation) are used at each of the seven chakras to enhance the transformative growth and expansion at the physical, emotional and spiritual levels.
Mantras do not have any specific meaning. Their power is in the sound vibration rather than the words themselves.
Benefits of Chakra Meditation
Chakras become imbalanced, resulting in fatigue, compromised immune system, stress and body ailments. In order to prevent blockages and health-related complications, it is necessary to release them. Chakra meditation not only discharges old emotions and thinking patterns, but it also makes room for new growth and creativity.
There are specific benefits related to balancing each chakra:
- Muladhara chakra (Base or Root chakra) – physical security
- Swadhhistana chakra (Sacral chakra) – emotions, sexuality, creativity
- Manipura chakra (Solar Plexus chakra – centre of personal power
- Anahata chakra (Heart chakra) – feelings of nurturing and loving
- Vishuddhi chakra (Throat chakra – communication, self-expression
- Ajna chakra (third eye chakra) – intuition, creativity, spirituality
- Sahasrara chakra (Crown chakra) – oneness with the universe
Yoga and Ayurveda are sister sciences that developed together and have continually influenced each other throughout history. Yoga and Ayurveda work together to enhance their benefits on all levels.
Traditionally yoga is the science of Self-realization, mainly through meditation. Ayurveda is the science of Self-healing focused on relieving the diseases of the body and mind, restoring wholeness with our inner self as its ultimate goal.
At Sukham Yoga, I teach yoga with a personal approach, using a range of tools and techniques of yoga acquired over many years of training and practice. Students are taught to use the most fundamental interpretation of “yoga”, that is, integration of mind, body and breathe to optimise our existence.
What Yoga will do for you?
- Reduce stress, tension & anxiety
- Increase fitness, stamina and endurance
- Increase strength and muscle tone
- Improves balance, posture & flexibility
- Improve functioning of the Endocrine system and other internal organs
- Increase energy and vitality
- A calmer more relaxed state of mind
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduce biological aging
- Spiritual growth
Yoga classes will commence in February 2022.
Bookings may be made via phone, email or text. Bookings for the whole term take priority.
Bring your yoga mat.
Arrive 10 minutes early.
It is best not to eat anything other than a light snack or fruit at least 2 hours prior to class.
Wear loose, comfortable clothing that enable stretching. Avoid shorts.
Blankets and cushions are provided.
Filtered water is available onsite.
20 class pass prepaid valid for the term $310
15 class pass prepaid valid for the term $250
10 class pass prepaid valid for the term $180
5 class pass prepaid valid for the term $100
Casual class $25
10 class pass prepaid valid for the term $160
5 class pass prepaid valid for the term $90
Casual class $20
Please note term fee is non refundable and non transferrable.
Yoga classes information for 2022
Tuesday night class will commence on 1st February 2022.
Thursday night class will commence on 3rd February.
Meditation is currently on Zoom on Wednesday evening 7pm to 8.15pm.
At Sukham Yoga, we offer Ayurvedic Lifestyle Counselling and other therapeutic healing modalities.
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Diploma International Yoga Teachers Association
- Certificate Ayurveda Lifestyle Counsellor
- Certificate Applied Anatomy and Physiology of Hatha Yoga (Yoga Synergy)
- Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre, Kerala India
- Post Graduate Diploma Yoga Therapy (Yoga Therapy Australia)
- Certified AdvanceTrainer Oneness University India
- NLP Master Practitioner
- Quit Cigarettes in 60 Minutes Certification
- Modern Hypnosis Certification
- International Yoga Teachers Association
- Australian Association of Yoga Therapist
For more information about the best services for your needs or to organise an appointment - just give us a call!
Yoga Therapy is designed to empower and support individuals to manage their health using the principles of Yoga and applying a range of yoga practices developed within a professional therapeutic relationship. One course involves 3 sessions.
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now