Touch for Health
What is touch for health?
Touch For Health is a form of kinesiology that aims to restore the human body into its natural state of health. It was developed by Dr. John Thie in the 1970s to help people to use simple but highly effective techniques that can help themselves, family, and friends and was recognised internationally as the fundamental training concepts for kinesiology. In addition, it can be used as an adjunct to current practices.
Touch For Health combines various principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) with more orthodox techniques. It uses muscle testing or monitoring to assess energy and body function before applying a range of gentle, yet powerful, healing techniques to improve health, well being and vitality. Muscle testing or monitoring is an important tool in kinesiology as it is used to diagnose and heal any bodily imbalances that may have possibly occurred due to stress, nutrition, allergies, injuries, or learning problems.
What to expect from a touch for health session
The approach used by kinesiologists will be unique for each client and will be based on their individual needs, as well as the therapist’s training. In a session, different techniques may be used such as the use of gentle pressure to work on specific reflex points on the head, body or feet; the use of gentle manipulation techniques; flower essences; suggesting food types or supplements, or removing specific ‘offending’ food or chemical from the diet; stress release; and visualisation and positive goal setting.
Benefits of touch for health
Touch For Health may be used as acupressure, touch or massage and they are applied on appropriate acupuncture meridian points (energy points) within the body to help the patient improve their health and wellbeing.
The following are some other benefits that can be gained from Touch for Health:
- Development of personal awareness and clarification on personal goals and motivation
- Clearing of physical, mental, emotional, and energetic blocks
- Increase in energy and vitality and a counteract to fatigue
- Relief from pain and tension such as headaches, back pain, stomach ache, arm, shoulder, leg and knee pain
- Release of mental and emotional stress
- Enhancement of health and wellness and helpful in preventing future disease and injury
- Acceleration of recovery from an illness and injury
- Improvement of performance at work, school, and at home like sports and relationships
- Balance of energy flow
- Enhancement of personal traits
- Achievement of a more consistent and frequent peak performance
- Helps in reaching life goals and enjoying life to the fullest