Is it your ambition to become a Pilates practitioner or instructor or simply enjoy the many benefits of this modality? Finding the right course is crucial if you are going to enjoy your new-found poise or transition to becoming a fully fledged teacher.
Pilates is all about body conditioning, with a focus on breathing, alignment and the development of a strong, flexible core. This has a range of benefits that help to centre us while improving concentration and developing full muscular control.
Pilates Study Options
Pilates is an extremely popular modality with an array of study options that range from short workshops all the way to Advanced Diplomas and Diplomas in Professional Instruction. Pilates study is often conducted via a combination of face-to-face instruction, on-the-job experience and self-directed study. You will also have the choice of:
- Campus study: more advanced study typically requires time on a campus, with access to all the benefits of interaction with your peers and academic staff.
- Distance learning: you will be surprised how comprehensive online resources have become, with training videos, manuals and contact with lecturers providing a stimulating learning environment.
Pilates Study Checklist
Prior to enrolling in a Pilates school, college or course ensure you determine the following:
- Accreditation: accreditation of your Pilates course ensures that it will be accepted by professional bodies and enables you to practise nationally.
- Course content: you will need to find out if the Pilates course you intend studying has any pre-requisites for entry. This may include an academic qualification, practical experience or completion of related courses.
- Fees: some education providers will be registered with student loan schemes such as VET FEE-HELP or Austudy. These can take the sting out of outlaying part or all of your tuition fees when you enrol.
If you are ready to start your Pilates journey, make an enquiry with a school or college via the links above.