Central Boxing & Personal Training
Central Boxing & Personal Training
I started karate when I was 4 years old. I continued until I was about 10, getting my junior black belt around '98. I picked karate up again when I was 15, trained a year or two and regraded as a senior black belt, first dan. The style was Zen Do Kai. As a teenager I played most sports; basketball, volleyball, indoor cricket, soccer, tennis, jazz ballet, softball.. but I stopped most things in favour of aerobics and gym in later high school. I grew up in a country town called Echuca. I started teaching Les Mills classes at the local YMCA in 2003. I started as a Personal Trainer in 2005.
In 2007 I moved to Melbourne to complete a Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science at Deakin University, majoring in Physiology and Sports Nutrition. During this time and after I finished uni, I worked as a Personal Trainer at Fitness First. Mid 2012 I backpacked around Europe, volunteered in the Maldives, and moved to London. I managed an LA Fitness in Piccadilly Circus for a while, but the money was impossible, so I decided to change industry and work in sales/ marketing.
I was sponsored in sales/ marketing, and lived in East London for four amazing years. In 2015 I moved to Sydney. I managed the upgrade of the Health Club at Five Dock Leisure Centre. In 2017 I started at Vault Boxing, working as a boxing and lifting coach. I trained 3-5 hours a day, for 6 months to fight, but 2 weeks before my fight, threw my back out and couldn't compete.
I now work freelance. I train myself in:
- Muay Thai
- Running (5-21km)
Sparring or Fitness
Learn correct boxing technique when hitting the focus mitts. Train toward sparring or to keep your movement skilful and interesting
Prepare for run season
Thinking of running a 5, 10, 14 or 21km race? Get it done this season! Training is tailored to your goals, whether you are aiming to make the distance, or make good time
One- on -One
Individualised programming and training. Meet your goals faster with technical coaching and personal feedback. We tend to focus on training for events or specific goals. It's ok if you don't have one in mind yet
Workplace Fitness Sessions
A lunchtime workout will get your heart-rate pumping and increase your team's ability to communicate and be productive through the afternoon!
HERE'S WHAT TO EXPECT
BOXING & FITNESS COACHING
When you come on board as a client, you can expect the following:
- Clear goals
- To be trained you as you present on the day
- Tasks to do in your own time. This may happen before your first session, or it may happen weeks into training
- Sessions are designed to be beneficial. This means you don't need to fear coming to the gym. The idea is not to break you, but to find out where your strengths and potential improvements lie and how you respond to different movements. High intensity sessions happen when they are appropriate, not before
- I will show you the pathway to your goals. You will do the work. I will guide and support you
- Sessions are generally entertaining, enjoyable and challenging
- Your results are ultimately up to you, but here are some boss examples of clients who have started training in the past 12 months
- Lost 20kg
- Lost 65kg
- Couldn't run, then, ran 5 fun runs in 9 months of increasing distances
- Lost cms of every body measurement taken
- Increased Squat, Deadlift and Bench PB
- Sparring from only fitness boxing background