What is weight loss?
Weight loss is the process of reducing the total body mass, typically by reducing body fat content. Being overweight can sometimes cause additional stress on the body and may result in back pain, diabetes, or heart disease. It is not recommended to use appetite suppressing drugs like nicotine, caffeine and fenfluramine as a safe way to weight loss. In addition, it can become an obsession or compulsion which may result to eating disorders like anorexia nervosa or bulimia. It is important to help the person to achieve a more positive body image which in turn helps in relieving mental imbalance and negative patterns in the brain.
Different weight loss techniques
There are several ways to lose excess weight. However, most of them will make the person go hungry and unsatisfied. It is important to outline a weight loss plan that will:
- Significantly reduce appetite
- Lose weight without getting hungry
- Improve metabolism
The following are some techniques that can be used for weight loss:
- Reduce sugar and starch intake
- Eating protein, fat source, and low-carbohydrate vegetables
- Exercise of at least three times a week
- Eating a high-protein breakfast
- Avoiding sugary drinks fruit juice
- Drinking water a half hour before meals
- Choosing weight loss-friendly foods
- Eating soluble fiber
- Drinking coffee or tea
- Eating mostly whole, unprocessed foods
- Eating food slowly
- Weighing everyday
- Sleeping for at least eight hours a day
Natural therapies for weight loss
A naturopath can provide advice on various ways to safely achieve weight loss and harmonise the body. They will work out on the exact nutrients needed or have been lacking to aid digestion. By aiding digestion, the body allows itself to easily digest food.
To achieve weight loss, changes need to be made in a person’s lifestyle such as the food being eaten or the exercise needed to be undertaken to achieve the desired natural body weight.
Additionally, various therapies used in addressing emotional and physical issues may also help in facilitating weight loss: