Ayurveda is one of the world's oldest systems of medicine. Originating in India thousands of years ago, it is a holistic system that includes a wide range of modalities. Ayurveda schools in Australia cover the full spectrum of studies. If you are interested in Ayurveda, finding an Ayurveda course provider is easy.
Ayurveda Course Options
Just a few of the subjects covered by Ayurveda course providers include:
- Ayurvedic aromatherapy
- Herbal medicine
- Remedial massage
- Indian head massage
- The Ayurvedic lifestyle
These and other subjects can be taught separately or as part of a more comprehensive study program. General interest, certificate and diploma options are available. Some of these include:
- Take an introductory course and learn the principles of Ayurveda for your personal enrichment.
- Learn Indian head massage or aromatherapy and obtain a practitioner's certificate.
- Earn an advanced diploma in Ayurvedic medicine and become a fully qualified practitioner.
Choosing an Ayurveda School
Start by using the links above to find Ayurveda schools throughout Australia. When choosing an Ayurveda school, ask the following questions:
- Is the Ayurveda course provider a Recognised Training Organisation in Australia?
- Are supervised practice sessions included in the training?
- What are your Ayurveda course provider's professional qualifications?
- Are distant study course modules available?
- Are pre-requisite studies required?
Once you are satisfied that the Ayurveda college or course provider can give you a quality education, compare course prices, schedules and other details. Also find out if all course materials are included in the price. After that, it's just a matter of contacting the Ayurveda course provider in person and ironing out the details.