Having written a chapter for a Medical text book, multiple research papers, lecturing in NSW and VIC Universities, Dr Peter Thompson has over 30 years clinical experience to offer you.
With over 30 years in private practice, Dr Peter Thompson DC, DO, MSc, DAc is not only 7 years senior clinician, senior examiner - he is also a lecturer and tutor at the Department of Chiropractic, Macquarie University. Peter also lectures in Anatomy and Physiology at NSW TAFE.
Having had research papers published and having written a chapter for a Medical text book called “Therapeutic Stretching” - you are in good hands.
- Published peer review research on the use of neck manipulation in the management of migraine and visual field problems.
- Presented his findings to an international conference of Neuro-Opthalmologists at Trinity College, Dublin, 1998.
- Has done a study on Neck pain in office workers for WorkCover.
- His own research is in Effects of Spinal Manipulation and Treatment directed at removing noxious stimuli to the Autonomic Nervous System.
Principle Therapeutic Techniques:
- Spinal and peripheral joint manipulation and mobilization
- Soft tissue massage and visceral manipulation
Peter aims to restore the biochemical efficiency of the body as the major goal in your therapy. Musculo-skeletal conditions, such as pain and dysfunction in any one of the following:
- Scar release deep tissue massage
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Epicondylitis
- Occupational Overuse injuries
- Hiatus Hernia, Micturition Urgency, Irritable bowel Syndrome
- Myo-fascial Syndromes involving the myo-fascial mechanical link system of the body
- Many hip, knee, ankle/foot conditions respond well to Chiropractic/Osteopathic care
- Poor neuro-muscular motor patterns, repetitive or poorly executed activities which lead to strain and injury
- Chiropractic/Osteopathy can help to restore efficient motor patterning