Check out This Lasagne Recipe
Adapted from Jamie Oliver
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- ½ x 30 g tin of sustainable anchovies in oil
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 700 g asparagus
- 500 g frozen peas
- 300 g frozen broad beans
- 1 big bunch of fresh mint
- 300 ml single cream
- 1 lemon
- 300 m organic vegetable stock
- 2 x 250 g tubs of cottage cheese
- 500 g fresh lasagne sheets
- Parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Trim and finely slice the spring onions.
- Pour the oil from the anchovy tin into a large frying pan over a high heat, then add the spring onions and anchovies.
- Using a garlic crusher, crush the garlic straight into the pan and toss everything together well.
- Trim off the woody ends from the asparagus and finely slice. Add the stems to the pan, reserving the tips for later.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper, add 1 splash of boiling water and cook for a few minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peas and broad beans to the pan, then pick, roughly chop and add the mint along with the cream. Finely grate in half the lemon zest.
- Roughly mash and squash everything in the pan using a fork or a potato masher, then season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Stir in 1 tub of cottage cheese – the consistency should be creamy and loose.
- Place a deep 30cm x 35cm roasting tray on a medium heat. Spoon in a quarter of the veggie mixture to cover the bottom of the tray, then top with a layer of lasagne sheets, and a good grating of Parmesan. Repeat the layers with the rest of the veg and pasta, finishing with a layer of lasagne sheets.
- Mix the remaining tub of cottage cheese with 1 splash of water to loosen, then spread evenly over the top of the lasagne.
- Toss the reserved asparagus tips in a drizzle of oil, then tip onto the lasagne, pushing everything down with the back of a spoon to compact.
- Strip over the thyme leaves and finish with a drizzle of oil and a generous grating of Parmesan.
- Turn the heat under the tray up to high and cook until the lasagne starts to bubble, then place under the grill on the middle shelf for 8 minutes, or until golden and gorgeous. Delicious served with a seasonal green salad.