Unlike the rest of the world, we all know that in Australia, New Year's is the perfect day for some barbeque. So take out the grill, put some meat over some fire, and let's have some fun. And to compliment all those yummy BBQ, here is a grilled corn herb butter recipe that will hopefully bring some balance to your New Year meal. This delicious recipe is very simple and versatile. You can even take it on a picnic. Keep in mind though that the corn has already been seasoned so no need to add salt or even butter.
But before everything else, here is an important note: when corn is left sitting around too long, the sugars will turn to starch. And we don't want getting sick this New Year's because of bad corn. So it's best to buy fresh. Also, keep your corn on ice until you are ready to cook.
There is incredible flavour in this recipe! The herb mixture goes beautifully with the corn and even your kids will come back asking for more! This way of eating corn is destined to become an all-time family favourite!
Corn is packed with fibre and the combination of the herbs and butter give it added nutritional benefits of vitamin D, vitamin C and phytonutrients!
- 6 corn on the cobs
- 4 to 6 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- Aluminium foil
- Place each of the corns on a sheet of aluminium foil.
- Mix all the remaining ingredient together and rub completely into each cob.
- Wrap foil up around the corn and barbeque for 15 minutes turning often.The corn can also be cooked in the oven. Wrap the corn in the foil and place in the oven on 180 degrees for about 15 minutes. Take out the corn and unwrap the foil.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and rub over the corn.
- Close the foil and place back in the oven on 180 degrees for a further 5 minutes.