Chai tea is very simple and straightforward to make, if you have the right ingredients. I have found Jamie Oliver’s chai tea recipe to be simple, sweet and delicious.
- 4 English breakfast tea bags
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 600 ml milk (almond milk will make for a very nutty and delicious taste. If you don’t have almond milk, cow’s milk or any other milk will do fine)
- 1 whole nutmeg , for grating
- honey or maple syrup
For something a bit more exotic than your average cup of tea, this spiced chai is sweet and delicious. Serve it in cute little glasses for an extra special touch.
1. Place the tea bags, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and milk into a small pan, grate in two-thirds of the nutmeg and add 350ml of water.
2. Give it a stir and place over a medium-high heat.
3. Gently bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
4. Strain into a teapot or straight into cute little heatproof glasses. Serve with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup to sweeten, if you would like.