Are you looking for something that can help the appearance of your skin and even reverse damage such as wrinkling and pigmentation? Rosehip oil is the perfect natural solution. Read on to learn more.
Rosehip oil comes from the “hip” of the rose, which is the seed pod or fruit of the rose that occurs after the rose petals fall off. This oil is extremely beneficial for the skin. Rosehip oil contains many nutrients including:
• vitamin A – also known as topical trans retinoic acid, this can help with oily skin, skin that is dehydrated from sun exposure, fine lines, wrinkles, and an uneven skin tone.
• Linoleic acid – helps to preserve the cell’s natural barrier to the environment and is vital for the structure of cell membranes. This is an omega 6 fatty acid.
• Oleic acid – an omega 9 fatty acid, this helps to create supple and moist skin and improve overall skin condition.
• Linolenic acid – this is an omega 3 fatty acid and it may help to improve skin conditions by softening and moisturising the skin. It is also important for the structure of cell membranes.
• Lycopene – this is an antioxidant and it protects the skin from free radical damage, reducing the risk of premature ageing.
• Beta-carotene – a source of pro vitamin A and an antioxidant to help improve the appearance of sun damaged skin. It can also help to prevent the signs of ageing.
• Vitamin C – this is an antioxidant that protects against free radical damage. It also plays a role in the formation of collagen.
Rosehip oil is a very rich source of essential fatty acids – in fact; it is 80 percent fatty acids. These are vital for regenerating skin cells, and repairing skin tissue.
Rosehip oil has been shown to improve the following:
• stretch marks
• scarring from psoriasis
• scarring from eczema
• fine lines and wrinkles
• acne scarring
• chickenpox scarring
• skin damage caused by sun exposure
• skin elasticity and resilience
• dry skin
• skin tone
• premature ageing
Rosehip oil is a fantastic moisturiser as it will moisturise the dry areas of your skin while not adding too much moisture to oilier areas.
Rosehip oil can be used by anyone of any age. Because it has balancing properties, it can be used by both dry and oily skins, and it allows the skin to breathe. All skin types can benefit from rosehip oil.
Ideally, rosehip oil should be used daily before damage is done to the skin. Used as a preventative measure, rosehip oil can help reduce premature ageing. If you already suffer from things such as pigmentation, wrinkling, etc, rosehip oil applied daily can help to reverse the damage and make the skin appear healthier.