Why Volunteer as a Massage Therapist?
Becoming a volunteer is not all about making yourself feel better (although you will!) It can also help you:
- Feel part of a community
- Meet new people
- Support a good cause
- Develop a new interest
- Get valuable life experience
What is Can Too?
Can Too gives professional coaching to participants, as part of a team, to run or swim in endurance events. This includes half-marathon, marathon, fun runs and ocean swims. In return, participants raise funds for breakthrough cancer research. To date, $7.5 million has been raised for Cure Cancer Australia. This charity funds research grants to enable young Australian research scientists to develop their vital work.
If you are a massage therapist and are interested in getting involved at any of these events, call Can Too on 02 8072 6188 or visit the Can Too website.
Can Too Calendar of Events 2011/2012
If you are a massage practitioner and would like to do a good deed, Can Too is calling for all hands on deck at the following upcoming swim and run events:
- Blackmore’s Sydney Running Festival - (9km, half marathon & marathon) 16 September 2011
- The Macquarie Big Swim (2.5km) 29 January 2012
- The Cole Classic (1km & 2km) 5 Feb 2012
- Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon(21.2km) 20 May 2012
- Williamstown SLSC Swim (1km or 2km) 25 January 2012
- Great Ocean Road Marathon(14km, 23km & 45km events) 19 & 20 May 2012
- Melbourne Marathon (10km, half marathon & marathon) 14 October 2012
- Twilight Running Festival (10km & half marathon) 18 March 2012
- Gold Coast Airport Run (10km, half marathon & marathon) 30 June & 1 July 2012