The Goji berry is known as a wonder berry with a whole range of health giving benefits. It can come in berry form or it can be drunk as a juice. The berry itself is a dried fruit that is about the same size as a raisin. It tastes like a cross between a cranberry and a cherry. The Goji berry is found in many regions of Asia. It is famed for creating a sense of wellbeing within a person.
What Goji Berries and Juice Contain
Goji berries and Goji juice contain a wide range of compounds that are vital to good health and nutrition. These include:
- Essential fatty acids
- Vitamin C
- 19 amino acids, including 8 essential amino acids
- Vitamin E
- B vitamins
- Trace minerals
The Benefits of Goji Berries and Goji Juice
Some of the many benefits of Goji berries and Goji juice are enumerated below:
- it is a powerful antioxidant that can counteract premature ageing
- increases disease resistance
- regulates blood pressure
- regulates blood sugar during the early stages of diabetes
- can help with vision
- relieves headaches and insomnia
- strengthens the heart
- helps to regulate weight
- improves sexual health and fertility
- helps digestion
- improves memory
- neutralises free radical damage within the body
- supports the immune system
- increases energy levels and stamina
How to get the Maximum Benefits from Goji Berries and Goji Juice
Goji juice is specifically formulated to preserve the quality of the polysaccharides found in the berry. If you are buying Goji juice, it is important that the juice not contain artificial flavours or sweeteners. It should be as close to the natural product as possible.
Goji berries are also available although these may be more difficult to find. The juice is far more common. Tea and capsules are another two ways that you can take Goji berries.
Within a month or so of regularly drinking Goji juice or eating Goji berries, you should be able to feel and see the positive effects that it has.